Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Two Days later!

I feel like a bit of a bad/mean mom saying this but I thought/hoped that she would have a "down day" the day of her surgery but oh was I wrong. Addie seems to not have been affected by anything, she has been totally normal. We did a bath last night, it was the first time with ear plugs. She didn't love them, but I expected her to freak out alot more then she did. She seems to tolerate them okay.
I am starting to freak out now...We are leaving for San Diego on Friday afternoon, we are going to be there for Christmas, then we are leaving for Hawaii on the 27th. We are going to be there till the 4th. I have a million things that I need to pack and are continuing to be told that I need to pack light and all that we will be in is our swimming suits all day. A) yeah I won't want to be in my suit all day everyday....NO THANKS, I don't want to see myself in a suit all day and either does everyone else! B) Addie will need a break/chill time from the beach. I know she isn't going to love having the freakin ear plugs in all day long. The thing is that people don't realize is that I am packing for 3 people NOT JUST ONE, one of them being a CHILD...You can't really pack "light" with a child. Brian keeps saying bring one or two changes of clothes and it will be fine...HELLO!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I know that he isn't going to be the one doing the laundry so why should he care....and I like clean underwear! I am almost just dreading this trip, I hate packing, and leaving my house turned upside down, the 6 HOUR DRIVE out to San Diego, then the 6 HOUR plane ride is just going to lovely with a 2 year old also. I am grateful that Bruce chose to do this for us, I am just hoping that once we get on the road then things will be better. As of now I just feel like I am going to go NUTS. The other thing is Addie feels that naps are no longer needed in her day, and 90 % of the time WILL NOT lay down and take a nap. I just think that today is not a great day and tomorrow will be a new one I guess... GRRRR!!!

1 comment:

Kira =] said...

Yeah, Ben & I can pack both of our clothes & such in the medium suitcase. The huge one is full of just Carlise's stuff and the huge travel diaper bag is full as well. Carlise hates taking naps as well. She does a lot better with a sticker bribe.