Tuesday, December 11, 2007

CRAZY CHILD!

I know I need to blog all about our trip and Addie's party and I will try and do that before the end of the week, but I have to give you all a little bit into the life of my crazy child...It my be TMI but I jsut don't know what to do anymore....So, we went over to Ang's house (Brian's cousin also a great friend of mine) this morning for a little bit. On the drive home Addie was super sleepy, so we got home I changed her diaper and put her down. I kept hearing her up in bed talking but not crying or anything, after about 30 min or so I went up to check on her to make sure she hadn't taken her diaper off and sure enough I walk in her room and she is standing in her crib and the first thing she said to me is "poo-poo". She had gone poop in her diaper, then taken it off and thrown the "poo-poo" on the floor AGAIN! It was all over her legs, hands, crib, and blankets. WHY on earth does she do this? How can I get her to NOT take her diaper off?? ANY TIPS?? HELP!

2 comments:

Valeri said...

First of all, do NOT feel like you are alone! Chloe takes her diaper off whenever she gets the chance! She obviously doesn't do it as often when she's fully dressed, but there have still been a couple instances. I think when they are ONLY wearing their diaper it's more tempting, or more likely occurs to them, "hey, if I just take this one last article off, I'll be completely naked!"

I have found the only way to guarantee she'll still be clothed when I go in to get her after her nap, is to put her in a onesie. She CANNOT undo the snaps, and it's been my saving grace some days. If Addie can undo the snaps or still take her diaper off even with the onesie on, then I'm really sorry. Props to her though!

Duct tape is another idea, hehe. Good luck, either way! Can't believe she'll be 2 tomorrow! Give her kisses for me.

Kira =] said...

I told Anna about your previous "cocoa puffs" incident and she said duct tape was the only way she could keep her kids diapers on. She said she had to wrap it all the way around and put the end in the back. At this point, it's worth a shot.