Saturday, June 27, 2009

Just another day

Do you ever have those days that you feel your child is doing everything they can to disobey? Today was one of those days in our house. Once Brian and I realized we weren't going to be able to go on our afternoon date we thought we would do something fun as a family. I had just seen a place over by us called Jump and Shout, it's like an indoor playground with bounce houses and a big jungle gym thing. I knew Addie would LOVE IT. Then Addie decided to make some really bad choices, one of them being writing on our sofa with a pen. We chose not to go after that. We made her have some quiet time in her room. When that was over Brian and Addie were playing around and she loves "hiding" In the luvsac cover so Brian zipped up everything but her head. They both thought is was super funny!

The day went on and she did a little better so we went swimming at our pool to burn some of her energy. It worked. I took her up to bed and read her two shorter books, she was already nodding off. After the books were over I played with her hair and stroked her face and she was OUT with in 3 minutes. It was then that I thought no matter how bad the day is it always comes to an end and I do love my child.. She looks so sweet when she sleeps. I had to take a picture.

3 comments:

Heather said...

What?!? My children never disobey me! Yeah, right! I think its the age, Ashlyn has been doing a lot of on purpose disobeying lately.

Anonymous said...

Well first of all i love your new family pic at the top!!! And even though Taiton can't do major things to disobey me right now, I totally know how frustrating it can get, and then later on they do something so cute that it doesn't really matter when they do naughty things.

The Goulds said...

I love that every day ends & that I get to see their angelic sleeping faces. I hate it when the whole family has to not go do something "fun" because they don't deserve it. Such a bummer but good for you!!