Tuesday, June 3, 2008

WOO-HOO!!!!

I got my first two donations for the 3-Day yesterday! I am so excited. One of the guys was from my dad's work and he doesn't know me at all and he gave $100...I was shocked! Thank you Dad, Mom, and John Rickman for your support. I have been training now for almost a month. I feel like I am doing really pretty well. It's starting to get really hot here. If I walk super early or late at night...I just kinda think that if I can walk when it's over 100 outside then I should do okay walking 60 miles in November. I know that it's nothing compared to the awful things that the women have to go through every single day with breast cancer. I have no room to complain. I feel like I have more drive then ever to do this walk, I am going to make a difference in my own way. I don't know if all of you guys know but I HAVE TO RAISE $2,200 in donations or I have to pay the rest out of my own pocket. PLEASE if anyone can donate anything 5,10,20,50 dollars it will make a difference. There is a link in the top right corner of the blog that says make a donation, you can do it online( you can set up monthly payments also) or if you want to send in a check I can email you the donation form that you send in with your check. It's going to breast cancer research, just think if our children wouldn't have to worry about having this HORRIBLE cancer. Someday there will be a cure! Thank you so much!!

I walk...because I can.
I walk...because I believe.
And I will walk until a cure is found...

1 comment:

Breast Cancer 3-Day said...

Congratulations on your fundraising and training efforts! Remember, the Breast Cancer 3-Day offers lots of tools to help you train and fundraise. If you need any assistance, you can speak with a Breast Cancer 3-Day coach at 1-800-996-3DAY to get a lot more information. Best of luck!