Friday, March 6, 2009

Slowly but surely...

I called my sweet friend Aimee that is one of the smartest people I know last night to ask her a question about some probiotics and asked if she could think of anything else I could try to relieve some of the pressure in my sinuses. She said I could do some acupuncture for you. I have never had it done and have always wondered about it. If I would let anyone poke me with needles it would be her. We headed out to this clinic type place and I got a bag of IV greatness with a bunch of vitamins, then we did the acupuncture. It was the strangest felling, not painful just a odd feeling. She did 1 in the top of my head, 1 on my forehead, 1 on each side of my nose, 2 in each hand, and 1 on each side of my neck. I went to sleep being able to breath and woke up feeling a LOT better. I am till a tiny bit stuffy but not nearly as bad as I was. I am a believer now in acupuncture. I had her take a picture of me with all the needles, it's not the best picture of me but I don't care.. I tried to get my hands in the pic but I know it looks like I am just grabbing my boobs...sorry about it being sideways.

2 comments:

Med School Mama said...

so glad you're feeling better! :)

Evynn said...

oh you're brave. I know you said it doen't hurt but just the thought of having someone poke needles in me makes me cringe. I hope you feel better soon and let me know if you find something else that works other then getting poked. I feel like crap too.