Tuesday, November 13, 2007

ARE YOU HEARING ME OKAY???

Alright so this is the scoop with Addie...
She is talking little more and more everyday, she just isn't talking as much as the other kids around her age. It concerns me ALOT... She has her 7th ear infection right now so they gave me a referral to go see a E.N.T about getting tubes, I am worried that all the ear infections have affected her hearing (as it did mine when I was a child) and therefore affecting her ability to talk. Brian thinks I am crazy but I have been around enough kids in my life to know that by her age she should be talking alot more. She says about 15-20 words. The people that we had come out a while ago and evaluate her said that she was fine where she was at the time and her talking should "take off" at anytime and if she isn't talking alot more by 2 then they will come back out and maybe do some speech therapy. So I am going to take her to the E.N.T. and see what they say then after the holidays I am going to have the speech people come back out and check her out again. All give an update once I get some answers... It's crazy to see how much she has grown....and I can't believe she is almost 2!!

1 comment:

Valeri said...

I'm so sorry Carrie - how stressful! I hope you guys are able to figure things out soon. The unknown is a very scary thing.