Thursday, January 10, 2008

Little changes...

So there are a few little changes going on in our house...

There is a little baby in our house now...One of my great friends and next door neighbor Amiee is now studying for medical school boards and I am so lucky to get to watch their little 4 month old baby Sofia. I watched her for the first time yesterday, she did great. Amiee has been working hard to get Sofia on a wonderful rutine so we know what she needs and wants when she gets upset. She is such a little joy to have around our house. Addie LOVES her, sometimes a little too much. She wants to be so helpful, getting her toys, a diaper and wipes. We are so excited to have the bundle of joy around!

Addie is pretty much potty training herself! Yeah I said it and knock on wood it won't come back to bite me. She has been going on the potty off and on for a while but two days ago I guess Addie thought she was for sure ready to be a "big girl". She will now strip down her bottom half, yell to tell everyone around what she is doing, and go flying through the bathroom door to hop on the potty. Once she goes she will yell till someone goes in there to cheer for her, then she asks for M&M's. Today she has gone potty a few times, and doing pretty good. I just really don't want to push her, so I am letting her do it kinda on her own time.

We are trying to go about 40% organic...we want to be and raise our family with a little more healthy natural foods. Some of the food is a little more costly but we are will to make some changes. Amiee and Adam have given us some great pointers in our process...she told me about this website www.ewg.org has a bunch of great info. One of the things that she told me about is http://www.foodnews.org/walletguide.php that gives you a top 12 worst/ best items guide to what produce has the most/least pesticides. Another little change I made is in a few of my cleaning products, Instead of using harsh kitchen/bathroom cleaning sprays to use about 50/50 water and viniger. It still does a wonderful job.

1 comment:

Med School Mama said...

Way to go, Addie!!

I'm so relieved that Sofia was good and that you girls enjoyed having her. It is a HUGE blessing to have you watch her :)

And I'm glad you found that website. I've found it really helpful, and I even printed out the list and carried it in my wallet for a while. Good luck!