Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Our little Copy Cat

I thought I would do a little update on Addie Kay, how she's doing and what's going on since she had the tubes put in about a month ago. For the most part everything is great and I am so glad that we did it. The only thing that kinda sucks is the fact that she can't get any water in her ears at all, so we have to put earplugs in and she has now figured out how to take them out...She has done it a few times now mid bath or shower with shampoo in her hair and it is impossible to put them back in once her ear gets damp at all. A week or so Post-OP I noticed she started mimicking us alot. She will pretty much say anything you tell her to. Her vocabulary has grown a bunch, she seems to pick up a word or two everyday. She isn't putting words together yet, but I am trying to not get worried. I just need to remember that she had some catching up to do with speech and that takes time, but for the most part it is a blast to see our little girl grow and change.

1 comment:

Valeri said...

I'm glad little Addie is doing so well. Every child is different, just remember that. One of these days she's going to shock you with actual sentences and you won't know what happened!