Thursday, December 4, 2008

She never surprises me...

The afternoon begins like this...Addie and I were outside as I was hanging Christmas lights along the window. I had 5 little nails about an inch or so long sitting on the chair I was standing on while hanging the lights. I had used 4 of the 5 nails, I turned around to grab the last one and saw Addie was chewing on something weird. I asked her what do you have in your mouth? Spit it out NOW? As I see her swallow she looks at me and says "me swallow nail". I thought you have got to be kidding me child, not now, not today, not this month. I asked her a few different times in different ways about if she really swallowed it. She never changed her story at all. I looked around outside to see if I could find the nail. It was nowhere to be found. My first thought was I need to call someone that would know if I need to take her to the hospital or not. As I went through a few people in my cell, no one answered. I called the hospital and the lady said she wouldn't connect me to the ER  I just needed to bring her in ASAP. At this time Adell called me back and said take her in NOW and don't let her eat or drink anything. In my head I think great she is starving and lunch was almost done. I call Brian tell him he needs to come get us so we can go to the ER. We headed in to the ER and they got us in pretty quick. Brian took Addie back to do the x-ray, they did one from her ears to her belly button. They didn't see anything. They came back in and wanted to do another one from her chest to about her knees. Once again they saw nothing. The P.A. that saw her looked over them and also had a few other docs look at them also. All of them said nope we see nothing. 75 dollars later they sent us home with some papers and copies of the x-rays. I don't understand why or how she would think up something like that? I am a bit confused with it all really. This was our very interesting afternoon.

Addie chillin watching cartoons



The x-rays



FINALLY able to eat after they gave us the green light


The whole deal pooped her out..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Carrie that sucks!!! I'm sorry.

Heather said...

Reminds me of Cal's penny x-ray!

Callie said...

Annie did it with a Monopoly Hotel.
Hopefully it is comforting for you to know you are not alone! Love You!