Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Long time no see!

So I realized I haven't really posted anything in a while. Since things are a bit slower at work today I thought I'd take the opportunity to get everyone caught up. We moved buildings today which was pretty fun and I really like the new location we're in. Its a relatively small suite across the street from where we were before. Only my immediate team is in this building so its definitely cool feeling like we're kind of on our own over here and I think it will be good to kind of build a sense of unified team spirit. At the end of this post is a picture of my new cubice, I've been sharing a desk with a co-worker since Oct. or Nov. of last year so its kinda nice to have my own workspace again. Other than that I've been learning some really cool XML stuff, more specifically XPath and XSLT for those who care to know. I'm still in the beginning stages but its definitely cool to be learning more about that stuff. Within the next week or so, I will be beginning a new project for our team, with one other person. We will be doing audio recordings and audio post-production for one of the schools here at Apollo. This is a very exciting opportunity for me because I've always been interested in audio work but never known much about it. Now I get to not only learn, but gain the work experience from it as well. There has also been rumors that if we do well with the audio and it is well received that there may be some video projects coming down the pipeline as well which has always been ultimately the field that I would absolutely love to work in. It definitely feels like nearly 2 years ago, the decision we made to come here is paying off in a great way for us!



No comments: