Wednesday, March 5, 2008

One Heck of a Day!

Late last night after realizing I didn't have my wedding rings on and started to think how long it had been since I had worn them( Friday was the last day) I started to think, maybe they are upstairs where I normally have them on the bathroom counter. As I walked into the bathroom I didn't see them, I looked in a few other places the thought maybe I took them off and put them downstairs on this shelf thing we have, I went down and looked around. I couldn't find them. I tried not to get worked up and thought I am just going to go to bed and I will look in the morning. As I almost always to I prayed before I went to bed, asking for a little help in hopes to find them..
This morning I got up and after Brian left for work I started moving things around, being more thorough this go around, as I find myself starting to panic. I stopped and prayed again, I just kept getting the feeling THEY ARE GONE....this to me wasn't helping me to stay calm. As the day wore on I just kept looking, pulling out the stove, fridge, dryer, digging through our trash, looking in all Addie's toys that had a little place she could hide something... I found NOTHING...I decided to ask Brian if he had seen them...p.s. if you ever lose your wedding ring DON'T TELL YOUR HUSBAND!!!! He said no then got really mad...once again not helping me to stay calm. At this point in time I was pretty much in tears. I just kinda said alright if they are gone they are gone, and if they show up then WONDERFUL!!! I went and got my hair cut. Came home to start dinner, got everything together and needed foil to cover the 9x9, grabbed the foil and heard a little Jingle....I felt like someone just punched me in the gut, I took the foil out of the box and out fell MY RINGS!!!! It took all I had to not break down BAWLING....My thinking is that when i was putting the burgers together last Friday night Addie was up on the counter and must have gotten them and put them in the foil box....CRAZY KIDS!!!

2 comments:

Valeri said...

Scary! I'm glad you finally found your ring. Once the kid has had her hands on it, it could be ANYWHERE!

Morris Family said...

Oh you poor thing! I would have been a wreck too!! I'm just looking forward to the days I'm searching for things the kids hide... soon enough, soon enough. :) I wanted to let you guys know we are having a bbq get together thingy with whoever wants to come and we wanted to invite you! The details are on our blog. morristreo.blogspot.com Hope everything else is going okay!!