Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Anger isn't the word...

Yesterday around noon I was eating a lovely banana muffin from Costco when about half way through the muffin I took a bite, swallowed and felt a sharp something stick into my throat. I took another bite cause I guess I'm retarded I felt the sharp object still the and there was a sharp pain when I swallow. I felt in my throat and could feel the object, but I couldn't reach it enough to try and get it out. I called my mom and asked her what I should do, she said maybe try and eat some bread to work it down or something. I tried everything I could think of to try and get this thing out. I called a urgent care place and they told me to go to the ER.  I called Brian he came home and off I went at 1:30. I got into a room after about an hour of waiting. The doc came in about 30 minutes later. He said what's going on? I told him the story and he said oh, so there was nuts in the muffin and scratched your throat and that is why you still have that feel of something being there.  I responded with actually there was NO NUTS in the muffin.  He said well the top must have been a little over cooked then. I ask NO it wasn't, there is something sticking into my throat. At this I wanted to kill this guy. He treated me like I was totally crazy, and just had nothing better to do then go spend my day in the ER with great people like himself. He then looked in my throat and said yeah I don't see anything. I told him that it was on the other side where he wouldn't be able to see it. He told me he would have them do a barium swallow a.k.a. a upper GI to see if they could see anything. I went and did that and the doc said he couldn't see anything but they can't see small things like fish bones etc. Well that's funny cause I never said it was HUGE. I know it is small. Then they took me back to my room where I sat for 3 hours then the doctor that I was ever so fond of came in and told me he was right and nothing is there I am just crazy pretty much. He said he was going to talk to another doc then come back and talk to me again. An hour and a half passed then a discharge nurse came in and said I am here to send you home...She game me some papers with a gastroenterologist doc referral and a RX ( that the doc didn't sign so I couldn't' fill it if I wanted to) for some acid reducing drug for my stomach( I don't have a problem with my STOMACH it's my throat). Then I left at 7:55p.m. I was so mad I didn't even know what to do. My throat felt raw from it being scratched my this " object" every time I swallow. I called the Doc he referred me to this morning and they can't get me in until the 22nd. That's in 2 weeks. I called a ENT and they can't get me in until next Tuesday. At this point I just want to cry. I don't want to eat or drink cause it hurts so freakin bad.

2 comments:

Callie said...

Carrie: Call Costco...I hope you reported it when it happened. Threaten to sue them and they will see that you get a Dr. Now!

Heather said...

That is horrible! It makes me crazy just thinking about having that feeling for so long. I hate when doctors act like that!