Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Do I, Do I not??

I know this is going to sound like I am totally over reacting but I worry a lot. Long story short. My brother and his wife planned a trip a long time ago for Cabo San Lucas in Mexico. They left last Friday and we returning this Friday. They have a layover here in Phoenix for 3 hours. We told them that we would love to come and have dinner with them at the airport while they wait. With all this Swine Flu news do you think we should still go? I am not so much worried about Brian and I but more so Addie. I know it sounds crazy but if you think about it who knows if someone on the plane could have it or heaven forbid one of them have it and give it to Addie. If it were you and your child would you still meet up with your family members that just spent a week in Mexico? I know i will totally get some eye rolls over this but my job is to protect my child, that's what I am trying to do. Any honest input would be awesome! Thanks so much!!

6 comments:

Kira =] said...

Oh wow, that is a tough one. I would probably go just because I know you really want to see them, but I would also take precautions if you do go - face masks (seriously), lots of hand washing & antibacterial gel.

Valeri said...

I've found myself feeling a bit freaked out as well. Then I tell myself, "We live in America! They'll get it under control!" only to read another headline that it's been spread to 10 US states and taken the first US citizen's life. I'm almost afraid to turn on the news!

If I were you, I'd still go. I'd just make sure hands are clean, and masks are worn, if you feel the latter is necessary. It's scary that sometimes we are carrying a virus but don't even know it. Hopefully for everyone's sake your family doesn't bring anything home with them!

We are traveling next week to TN for a wedding, and I'll have to say I'm not excited about that. Needless to say, the hand sanitizer nazi will be unleashing herself!

Pepple said...

What a tough choice to make! I don't know if I would go, but I am super paranoid like that. If I did go, I would take precautions and I wouldn't take my kids since they would be the most susceptible to the virus. I would also take along tons of hand sanitizer, no hugging or kissing either. How often do you see them?

Heather said...

As a fellow worrier I can totally imagine the back and forth debating I would do! I think I would skip going though.

Anonymous said...

I will be seeing them when I go to Idaho in July. I think I am just have Addie go to friends house or something and maybe just Brian and I will go. I hate making choices like this.

Pepple said...

Being that the alert level is now 5 and I am a major worrier I would skip it :(