Thursday, April 23, 2009

My yesterday...

Be glad you weren't anywhere near my house yesterday. As Addie and I were getting ready to leave and go swimming with April and her girls I was doing my hair and Addie came up to me with a bunch of clear liquid stuff on her hands and feet. I asked her what it was and she said "yucky stuff" then told me to follow her. I rounded the corner by the stairs there I saw it, two big spots covering about 3 feet of our cream carpet (not my choice)  of liquid laundry soap. Next to the slime mess was the empty bottle that about 2 minutes before that was full and brand new. I was in complete shock and didn't even know what to do. I called April to tell her we wouldn't be swimming today. She told me to bring Addie over and she would let her swim then she could hang out with them for the afternoon so I can get the mess cleaned up. I weighed my options with what to do, I decided to get a Rug Doctor. After close to 2 hours of going over the spots it finally seemed that most of the soap was out. While I had the machine I clean a few of our high traffic areas upstairs also. All I have to say is what a day! Thanks April for once again being a total life saver. I am so lucky to call you my friend. I love you tons!

2 comments:

Valeri said...

I just had to shake my head and smile as I read that. So typical of a cute little 3 year old girl!

The Goulds said...

At least now that it's over we can laugh about it right? We loved having her over... although I did miss your company at the pool.