Monday, April 27, 2009

Graduation Weekend!

Wow! What a busy weekend! We headed out to San Diego on Thursday afternoon. We went to lunch at one of our favorite places then headed down to Balboa Park to have some family pictures taken by Mike. ( I will do another post when I get the photos from that and more from Brian's graduation) Saturday is when the craziness began. Brian and I headed to the convention center at noon. I was the seat saver for 10 people. The room the graduation was in was amazing! It was call the Sails room. It was almost like a sun room. The ceremony was great. It was such an overwhelming feeling for me. It has been a long road and I am so proud of Brian.
His tassel that hung from his cap
The program for the ceremony
Yay!! It's official!
Mr. Graduate himself!

After the graduation we headed back to Glor's house for the grad party she had planned for Brian. It was so much fun to have everyone get together. Most of his friends were able to come, he was very excited to see everyone again. A BIG thanks to everyone who came near and far to be there for Brian. I know it meant so much to him to have you there!

Mimi, Addie, and Alena (Mike and Katie's baby)
L-R Rupert, Jen, Brian, Alana, Brian, and Alan
Brian has been friends with Jen, Brian, and Alan since high school.
Michael and Brian. Michael and his family have been family friends for a long time.
The cake! I had to do something different and I knew Brian would love it!

Sunday before we headed out of town we went down to Mission Beach to have lunch and Cane's ( they have the best chicken fingers and fries ever) then we wandered around on the beach for a bit.
L-R Katie, Mike, Alena, Brian, Glor, Me, Kevin, Bruce, and Addie

We had a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Brian! I know you have been counting down the days since I have known you. :) Great job! Any plans for the Masters degree? or is that what you just finished? BTW your daughter is growing up so fast!I love her big smile... Hope your doing well.
Angie Cripe

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evynn said...

Yahoo! done with school! Crongrates and enjoy life without howework

Valeri said...

What an accomplishment! Good job, Brian!

Carla said...

wow! its all official! sooo amazing! i really wish we could have been there! i'm glad everything went smoothly!