Monday, May 12, 2008

I'm doing it!!!


I may be a tiny crazy but I am going to do the 3-day walk for breast cancer on Nov 14-16. You walk 20 miles a day for 3 days, camp out, raise $2,200, and have the experience of a lifetime. I have wanted to do it and I FINALLY committed to do it with Brian's cousin Lissa that did it the year before last.  She said besides having her daughter it was the best experience that she has ever had. The more I thought about it the more I realized the excuses that I was coming up with why I can't or won't do it was ridiculous. 3 days of walking is NOTHING compared to what these people with this HORRIBLE cancer have to go through or deal with everyday. It's the least that I can do to find a cure for this. Everyone has been affected by it in one way or another.  I talked to my cousin Jen that lost her mom about 5 years ago, she said that she has been wanting to do the 3-day but couldn't find anyone to do it with. I am hoping that it will all work out and she will be able to come and do it with us. I HAVE to raise $2,200, by the end of November. I will put up info on how to donate money the the next couple weeks or so. PLEASE, PLEASE, support me on this journey. If it's 5,10,30,50 or 100 dollars, ANYTHING helps. I have 6 months to train, building myself up to be able to walk 20 miles. I know that I can do it, but it will take some work for sure.

2 comments:

Valeri said...

Good for you, Carrie! I would love to join you, but I'll be recovering from a c-section that week. :)

Carla said...

Carrie, I think that it is so great that you decided to do the walk. I'm bummed that we won't be in phoenix to cheer you on as you walk by like we did for Lissa a year ago. We are ready to support you any way we can!