Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I made a choice!

I decided to take the leap and we bought a bed rail for Addie's crib. We had her all involved when we put it on and told her we are making her crib a big girl bed! Brian put her to bed (she always goes down great for him). He read her a few books and told her that she is a big girl now and needs to stay in bed and go to sleep. We watched her on the monitor and she never got out of bed until I went up there to turn on the white noise machine, and when I gave her a kiss and told her to go to sleep I went down stairs and she got out of bed. Me being the mean mom I am I told her if she doesn't get back in bed then I would turn the stair lights off. She pretty much ran back to bed and never got back out. Within 15 minutes she was asleep...I am super interested in how she will do tonight. If she will wake up and if she does will she come into our room or stay in bed and yell for us??? Who knows! Hopefully we will all sleep good!

2 comments:

Kira =] said...

We didn't use a bed rail the first time & Carlise fell out of the toddler bed. She just stood next to the bed crying and waiting for us to put her back in! lol =]

After we put the rail on she wouldn't get out of her bed for the first 2 weeks and would call for us. After that she was her own woman. Isn't it funny about little girls & their Daddy? =]


So- how did it go?

Pepple said...

Yay for being a big girl!! Lola just moved onto the trundle in Victoria's room and she loves it! Addie is getting so big and is so adorable!