Tuesday, July 1, 2008

You have got to be kidding me!!!

I am LOST at what to do. My child just climbed out of her crib for the first time. She was being super sassy and bugging Sofia, and very tired. I told her that she needed to be good or she would need to go up to her bed and take a nap...so guess what? she freaked out and started throwing a fit so I took her upstairs told her if she can not listen to me and be good then she needs to take a nap and chill out. I walked down stairs and looked at the video monitor and see one leg going over and then the other and then thump of her jumping down...Then I spent the next 20 minutes putting her back in bed time and time again. I am just clueless on what in the heck to do now??? Yes I know it's some what crazy that she is 2 1/2 and still in a crib but this child will not stay put for bed or nap time. I know if I put her in a "big girl" bed then I will have to be there every night till she falls asleep. Do I keep the crib and hope she doesn't keep climbing out? Go for the big girl bed and hope it's not horrible to get her to stay in bed??? GRRRR..... HELP!!! Ideas PLEASE!!!

1 comment:

Kira =] said...

my younger SIL just had this happen with her 13 month old & they went ahead and bought the toddler bed. And I kept Carlise in the crib until she was 2. I only took her out because she was too tall & weighed too much to still be in it. She absolutely LOVED being in her crib & I was afraid she'd constantly get out of her bed, too. =]