Thursday, September 4, 2008

Oh, the joys...

Oh, the joys of having a sick child. Addie woke up yesterday morning with a NASTY runny nose. Over the day she started running a slight fever and not being a very happy child. She told me two or three times that her ear hurt, as she told me this I was thinking to myself she has never complained of her ear hurting but has had many ear infections so this one must be bad. Brian came home from work around 4 p.m. and we took her in. The NP said that her ear was a tiny pink but nothing bad that her body couldn't fight off, and it must just be a cold. Today she seems to be doing somewhat better, and boy does she have some tude today that makes me CRAZY. 

We have also been having some HUGE problems with getting her to stay in her bed ALL NIGHT LONG. Last night I put her back in her bed 3 or 4 times between 12- 6.  It seems that right when I get into a deep sleep she wake me up trying to get in bed with us. What have you found that works to keep the kiddos in bed all night??? I feel like I have a baby again getting up 4 times a night...HELP!

1 comment:

Pepple said...

Sorry you have a sickie! Getting woken up at night, especially by a toddler is the worst! I've had 2 kids that liked to wake in the middle of the night. Finally all that worked was just picking them back up and walking them back to their bed and dropping them off saying goodnight. I know it sounds mean, but seriously short of selling them it was a last resort. It worked like a charm though :) By about the 3 or 4 night they were sleeping straight threw. Once they couldn't get in our bed anymore and also once their little bodies broke the habit of waking often it stopped. I hope you guys find something that works for Addie soon!