Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tumbling and other things..

I had thought a while ago about getting Addie into some class to burn some of her energy. A great friend had told me that the YMCA has tumbling classes for 2-4 year olds, I thought she would love it. For her birthday Glor and her sister Dar gave us money to put towards the classes. We know have enough money for tumbling classes for the next 7 months..

Today was the first class and of course me being the mother of the year that I am, we were a little late. It was more a mommy and me class then just the kids and the teacher. She had a great time, and burned some energy. I am thinking about putting her in another class, she would have something twice a week just to get out a bit more. They are pretty booked up right now, maybe after this class we can do that. I didn't take any pictures because I was doing everything with her today but I am hoping I can take some next class.

On to the next thought...I was watching Oprah (some may laugh here) last week and something she said kinda hit home for me. She was talking about her weight and how she had fallen off the wagon or more so the wagon had fallen on her as she said. I think for a lot of woman me included have issues with weight, or finding that number or size that "we will be happy when we get there." She went on to say we just need to be grateful to our bodies for holding up through everything we have done to it, our bodies have never let us down. We need to treat our bodies better. I am going to make a huge effort to go on more walks in the morning and get myself moving a little more.

No comments: